Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Rigidity of Truth!

Once again going back to the issue of orthodox Catholicism, after a brief flirtation with the Quebec political scene, I am finding myself at a loss for words. The liberal heterodox crowd, complete with their innovative vocabulary with words like 'dialogue' or better still 'freedom of conscience' have once again began to ruffle my feathers. This time, the verbal diarrhea is aimed squarely at Pope Benedict XVI. In a recent conversation I had with an aquintance, I found myself defending a notion that believe it or not 2+2=4!. Okay, well not that simplistic, but I think you get my point. It seems for some self-styled hereti,..ooops, I mean 'progressive catholics' Pope Benedict is just way too rigid! That I should be more able to 'discern' the signs of our times and be way more open to the 'Spirit of Vatican II.' Fair enough, let's start.

For the last 40some years we have seen a dramatic decrease in Mass attendance, a prerequisite bare bones minimum for a practising Catholic. The Liturgy has been turned into some kind of do it yourself monstrocity reflecting the personality of the priest(or female liturgists in some parishes), instead of the unbloody sacrifice of the Cross. Humanae Vitae from Pope Paul VI has been almost completely ignored and has spawned open dissent, thanks to some cowardly Canadian bishops. Finally the Real Presence has been undermined. The Result? A vocations crisis, (partly man-made) and scandal. This, my friends, is the Spirit of Vatican II.

Now let's take a look at Vatican II itself. Personal prelatures such as FSSP and Opus Dei, the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, a vibrant adherence to orthodoxy, and Marian devotions. An emphasis on ecumenism with apologetics, the return of Adoration. There is also EWTN(especialy Father Corapi!) and Michael Voris' Real Catholic TV. The result, vibrant parishes and plenty of vocations.

The conclusion, for all my liberal friends is simple. Be faithful to the magisterium, your parish will grow and flourish, be faithful to relativism, your and your community will die out. Need proof? Compare the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration to the 'Dominican sisters of Erie Pennsilvania;..Case closed!

1 comment:

Jason said...

John 15:1-10 comes to mind

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already made clean by the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love."

In very simplistic English, God blesses those who are faithful to his will... for those who aren't faithful to God, anything they do in his name is like banging their heard against the wall... they get nowhere.