Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Really? I mean Reeaaally?????


-Mr Mastro, -The Bible clearly shows that the Catholic Church in Revelations is the 'Whore of Babylon,.' -


Dear protestants,..

This is a quick note especially to those who try to get me to ‘debate’ with you.  This includes but is not limited to, Anglicans, (all breeds) Presbytarians, Lutherans, Baptists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, SSPXers, Sedevacantists, Mormons, Methodists, Evangelicals and Pentecostals.  Oh yes, I’m sure I’ve forgotten a couple of groups in there, but I think you get my point.  This is not a blog post, instead I’m writing a note.  This is not Optimusmastro, instead, just plain old Marco Mastromonaco.  It would seem that you guys enjoy opening up discussions but are in fact closed off to someone else’s opinion especially when it concerns matters of Faith.  My conclusion?  Fideism!  To engage a Catholic in dialogue or discussion, you must essentially be somewhat prepared for a reasonable defense.  Therein lies the crux of the issue, ‘Reason.’  As Catholics, I can assure you that our Faith is not blind, however can the same be said for you? 

You see, we can logically articulate our Faith, and in using our intellective faculties are by no means afraid of science.  Science will show you the ‘How,’ however Theology will tell you the ‘Why?’  From here on out, it is useless to debate someone who is closed off, unless;
      
    -Pick a topic (ie Concept of God,..) and stick to it
      - Give equal time to all parties
3  - Be judged in a debators’ arena, with FACTS! (This includes, Church history, Church Fathers, and logic,..that being said, proving God by the Bible and the Bible by God is not valid reasoning.) 




God bless you all!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I’m looking for Jenny mastromonarco she is married to maybe your father? They are Jehovah witnesses. She was teaching me back when I was younger, can you let her know that I’m looking for her so to continue with the teachings please. I worked at Caloundra hospital where I met Lydia who also helped me Maxine