Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Where to begin?,..Well first off, last week I posted about my paternal grandfather being a POW during WWII,..and subsequent attempts by Italian Canadians to rectify this situation at a federal level. I also thought I would have posted again, something a little more humourous yet filled with Optimusmastro-ishness opinion and ranting. Well,.as you can tell it didn't happen. Ahh, time being of the essence, I must resign to the idea that there are only twenty-four hours in a day, despite my attempts at creating the new twenty-eight hour day! The reason I didn't post, is because of Rememberance Day,.where we honour our fallen brethren who fought for our freedom. In Canada, we should remind the separatists that if not for our brave soldiers, they wouldn't be able to commit acts of treason by voting in people freely accepting a pay from the federal government by attempting to break up the country!

Got that out of the way,..now on to our neighbors to the South,..The USCCB has apparently listened to the Faithful and riding a wave of authentic orthodoxy elected Bishop Timothy Dolan of New York. Without missing a beat the National Crapolic Reporter's resident pissboy John Allen was quick to offer his 'balanced' view. Declaring of course, that Dolan is known as a 'conservative' and therefore we could potentially see a shift in the USCCB. I'm not putting a link to this stuff,.if anybody wants to read it, go online and find it. Allen, true to his neutral stance,.offers insights as if the US Bishops had elected a politician. By the end of next week, we should get some more verbal diarrhea coming from Bishop Gumbleton and better still, Sister Joan Chittister. My thoughts, well I'm not quite sure. I'm still confused as to how he handled a homosexual oriented parish in his diocese. I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Finally in response to a letter (yes another one) I got in my email 'inbox' concerning my straightforward writing style and supposed lack of respect for other people's opinions. Here's the answer, I welcome dialogue. Period. As long as Truth is the objective, I don't see a problem. When truth is set aside, indifference creeps in,.then we get the so-called 'shades of gray' analogy. This person claims that there is no truth. Ironically this person also teaches high school mathematics, and while correcting exams has marked students wrong. Can we not see the irony? hmmmm......

St Thomas Aquinas,......Ora pro nobis.

4 comments:

Patrick Button said...

If I believed that there was no truth, then I'd spend my time doing something more fun than arguing with people who do believe in truth.

Christina Helena said...

LOL@ Patrick. great article...I hope Voris comes out with a video on his opinion of Dolan because I am not sure how I feel about it. My friend also said she saw him on EWTN saying he wishes the youth could join him in the sanctuary holding hands during the consecration.... EEEK. anywho... GO MARCO!!

Patrick Button said...

Christina: He said that? Ewww. Well at least he's better than Kikanas.

Teresa said...

OMG @Christina I hadn't heard that Archbishop Dolan had said that. He's more conservative than liberal but have heard some of his views are a little out of the Catholic norm. But, for the most part, he adheres to the Magisterium. I agree with @Patrick, at least he's better than Kikanis. I think he's even better than George also.

Great post, Marco! WE must strive to know and tell the truth, even if it ruffles a few feathers along the way. Who knows maybe after hearing the truth so many times, these people who don't believe in truth will have a conversion? I hope so.