Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Call to Prayer,....

Man,..did I dread writing this post...Unfortunately, human weakness being what it is will always be sinful and structurally bankrupt.  This is why we need a Saviour right?  God said, we can't appease an Eternal God by offering temperal sacrifices,..we need an equally eternal one, so He sent His Son (Jesus) for the sake of our Salvation.  Last week, I spoke about the situation of Father John Corapi,.and explained my position.  My position is not one of judgement, never has been and never will be,..'There but for the Grace of God go I..'  That being said, however, I will explain myself as a man, and a trainer, constantly being presented with temptations by the very character of my job.  Did I ever fall?  Oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!  I admit it, I struggle and used to scream at God sometimes in adoration asking Him to take away my inclinations or to be ignorant, because well it was so much easier back then.  Little did I know that I was headed straight for hell, a life devoid of joy and constant sensual gratification.  Let's put our cards on the table, another name for a personal trainer should be 'pool boy' or worse 'cougar bait.' Father Corapi is no different than any other male.  Ordination does not take away your manhood or your vices, it is you who must ultimately control them not them you.  We all fall.  A few months back, I wrote about Father Euteneur falling and subsuquently owning up to it.  So before I continue,..I'll post the link, here.

Father Corapi,.you will continue to inspire me with the good you did while active in priestly ministry.  I ask humbly that you return to live in community with your fellow SOLTers and if it be God's will that you relinquish the fame and fortune that made you a quasi celebrity.  Submit to the authority of Holy Mother Church, let the process take place and be done.  You have said that it would be a long and arduous process, your right it will be!  After all it took almost 400yrs to formulate the dogma of the most Holy Trinity(The Church moves slow).  If it does turn out that you are innocent, God will vindicate you, maybe not in this life but that might be the necessary sacrifice you need to make.    You always spoke of the spiritual battle, not against flesh and blood but against 'powers' and 'principalities.'  Don't let them win!   A few years back, you suffered a medical set back, I remember praying for you.  I am praying for you now, and will continue to do so. 


This is the Father Corapi that I will always remember.  It is taken from 'Surrender is Not an Option!'  Don't surrender!  If you've fallen, heed your very words, we all fall.  The difference between Saint and sinner is that a sinner stays down.  This picture is you at your peak, not as the creepy Blacksheepdog or recent pictures with a jet-black pinch/goatee where well,..I don't know what your marketing departement was thinking,..but (a little humour...)  So,..this friday, we abstain and I ask all my readers to once again pray and fast.  Not just for Father Corapi, but for all priests and all men and women,...

St Augustine,.......Ora pro nobis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks!
C

Mike said...

Yes, a wonderful post!