Friday, October 2, 2009

Advent of Reality...

So I'm about two months shy of attaining my thirty-second birthday, and the dawn of many new realities is starting to kick in. I can admit finally that I'm an adult, albeit reluctantly as I long for simpler times. My knowledge of pop culture seems outdated at best, tacky at worst. I can claim no authentic appreciation for Rap/Hip-Hop (is that how you spell it?) because frankly KISS RULES!!!. I don't know who 'Shorty' is, much less care whether or not it's her birthday. This past summer saw me return to a nightclub for a friend of mine's birthday, and set a new record of time spent (17mins)all the while trying to figure out how in the hell I actually liked all this crap?

You see, I'm no longer in my twenties, yet still early in my thrities. I exist within an archtype of a cultural limbo, finding no common ground between those who are older and even less with those who are younger. Am I alone in my journey? Probably not. Yet I can know that I'm one of the few people who are overthinking this ideological/cultural shift.

St Thomas Aquinas,...pray for us.

No comments: