Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Ash Wednesday...

Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return...Today marks the beginning of Lent, a time of preparation before Easter within the Liturgical calender mirroring Christ's sojourn into the desert. Usually a time of penitance for the Faithful leading up to the Paschal week. During the next forty days, my blog posts will probably become more sporadic and less 'once a week.' I will comment on some things from time to time, including our 'inclusive society's' retreats reaffirming our 'okayness.' This sounds a bit bleak, however what is the point of a Lenten retreat if there is no mention of Hell. My question to these pseudo theologians, What exactly does Jesus save us from if Hell doesn't exist?

I would also like to take this time to show my solidarity with French Canadians. The lack of french during the opening ceremonies was tantamount to an insulting provocation. Don't get me wrong, I'm a proud Canadian, but we are a bilingual country, therefore French should be accorded its proper place and prominence.

That's all for now,..

Pax Domini...

No comments: